Saturday, July 25, 2009

Construction continues...


Progress is being made although it doesn't much look like it. They will put the metal on soon and then we'll be on the downhill slide. The concrete for the porch and the kiln shed still needs to be poured.




Roan Mountain


When I went outside this morning to take the construction picture for today's blog it was already hot (July in Kansas woke up yesterday) and made me long to be back in Western North Carolina. I just had a great idea...I'll take some pictures of the awesome pieces of pottery we bought while there. Our first trip in the motorhome was a "pottery vacation." We first traveled to Quakertown, Pennsylvania and I enjoyed a wonderful brush-making workshop with Linda Stauffer. It was there that I picked up many wonderful tips of what to do with the studio. Linda has a great website... http://www.lindastauffer.com/ and she is simply a very amazing and talented lady. After our stay in Pennsylvania we were off to the mountains of Western North Carolina - more about that later.


I'm looking forward to this afternoon. Joe Summers, Prairie View High School Art Instructor, has planned for the artists of Linn County to gather and see if there is interest in forming an art group. Check back and see how the meeting went!


We've got friends coming this evening for BBQ so I'd better get busy!


Please visit this blog again (and again!) -Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment