Thursday, July 16, 2009

Construction



















Wow! I can't believe this is finally happening. I've planned, waited, researched, waited, collected equipment, waited, attended classes and workshops, waited, got bids for the construction, waited, ...you get the idea!




Very soon our studio will be open for lots of fun filled adventures in clay. We will be hosting different levels of classes, workshops, raku firings, etc. If there is something specific you're interested in pursuing let us know.




Huck retired June 1st and I tell him he will make a wonderful studio manager and I just get this "are you nuts" look. He is very excited to get all of my pottery stuff out of the garage and basement, I just hope he waits until Brandon is finished with the job. Brandon Johnson is our contractor and I can't say enough about the quality of his work - fantastic! Although Brandon had worked at our rent house I didn't realize he did projects such as The Studio (a pole barn type structure.)




The plan for this blog is to keep anyone interested apprised of what's going on at The Potters' Studio. As the name suggests, there will be many potters involved!




I've posted a few of the construction pictures. Saturday is concrete day!




Stay tuned, Janice








No comments:

Post a Comment