Thursday, August 13, 2009

Progress!



I decided a shake things up a bit and show you a picture of the almost completed studio from a different view. The building itself has only a few things that need to be finished (including painting that white door!) There will be a garage door in the very large hole in the north end. Tomorrow Mark will be here to install the sewer and water lines. Tom will also start the wiring tomorrow and he estimated that will take about four days. Electricity! Just think, this time next week I can turn on a light, run the attic fan (don't know how effective that will be without a ceiling), bisque fire in a kiln that hasn't been fired in so long it won't know how to act! Without the ceiling installed I won't be checking out the new AC unit, by noon each day my little building gets very toasty. As soon as the wiring is finished the construction crew can put the ceiling in and they will be finished! The walls are studded for the restroom and glaze room. I think we are going to finish the inside walls with rough cut lumber - I hope that looks okay. I saw Huck with his garden wagon loaded down with clay I bought in North Carolina while on vacation this summer heading to the studio this evening. Today was my first day back to school and I was surprised he hadn't hauled more of my "junk", as he puts it, to the studio. I have been planning and collecting for this project for a very long time. I can't blame him, the shed is full, there is only a path through our double-car garage and my studio takes up over half of the basement. He is looking forward to the return of his space and a garage he can keep clean. Thanks for looking at my blog and I certainly enjoy all of your emails! ;) -Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment