Monday, October 12, 2009

Inside Work




It's been a month since the last time I posted anything on this blog. What a month it has been. Getting the electric work completed was a major undertaking. I don't think Huck has had a single day off since his retirement. He has installed all the plugs and switches and the light fixtures are almost all in. The ceiling (wafer board-one word? two? who cares it's still ugly) is in and needs to be painted. This weekend was the huge arts and crafts festival here in Mound City and it was so cold we built a fire and worked in The Studio all weekend instead of going to the fair, it was warm and cozy (thanks to all of the itchy insulation I installed in the ceiling!) I've included the first pictures of the inside. The bathroom walls are almost finished. Next we can start on the plumbing. There is also a picture of the wood burning stove I found on a trip to Arkansas - it's a jewel. Huck also installed the stove kit and stove pipe so we'd had supplemental heat. We will heat the studio with electric eheat panels - thanks to a great tip from Pennsylvania potter, Linda Stauffer. We also had our annual cookout this weekend. The studio and wood stove made it doable. The guys stayed outside just long enough to cook the hotdogs and back inside to sit around the wood stove and visit. The Grady's Kids art auction is next weekend and I've donated two four week pottery classes - I sure hope someone bids on them! The auction helps Linn County children in need. I'll do a better job of staying current with posting. I'm hoping we'll be ready to open for classes sometime in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment